Application for permanent residence - Caring for children class
The Caring for Children Program ended on June 18, 2019. If you submitted a complete application before June 18, we’ll continue to process it.
We’re committed to making sure caregivers continue to have a pathway to permanent residence. If you’re a caregiver who has been caring for children in Canada, you may be eligible for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5799] (PDF, 381.35 KB)
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39 KB)
- Schedule 15 – Caring for children class [IMM 0008 Schedule 15] (PDF, 1.39 MB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB)
- Supplementary Information - Your Travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.76 MB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB)
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5797]
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to help you fill out your application.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down your application.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select "Save Target As…." You can also find out more about downloading files in the Help Centre.
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages:
Click the “Validate” button. This button is at the top and bottom of the form.
Note: Validate the form before you print it. This will help make sure you have answered all the questions. It will help avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- for best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper
- use a laser printer
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5722) (PDF, 362.64KB) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees.
Pay the fees.
Visit the Pay your fees page to learn about which payment methods we accept.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: