Application for Permanent Residence - Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class (IMM 5798)
You need to give your biometrics
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Find out who needs to give biometrics.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5800] (PDF, 384.83KB) August 2018
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83KB) November 2018
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19KB) October 2018
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39KB) October 2018
- Schedule 16 – High Medical Needs Caregiver Class [IMM 0008 Schedule 16] (PDF, 1.39MB) November 2014
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570KB) September 2018
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562) (PDF, 1.76MB) May 2004
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5798]
A maximum of 2,750 applications will be processed each year under the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class. Applications must be complete and meet the eligibility criteria in effect on the date it is received by the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton (CPC-E), Alberta.
Please check our website before submitting your application to ensure that the limit of applications has not already been reached.
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83KB). It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As…’
Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms
To ensure you submit all the pages:
- Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
- Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5722) (PDF, 362.64KB) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: