Application to Resume Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces
You can now choose to receive an electronic citizenship certificate (e-certificate) or a paper certificate. In your application form
- select the certificate type you want
- make sure you provide an email address if you want an e-certificate
Applications submitted before January 4, 2023
We’re offering the e-certificate option to some applicants who submitted their applications before January 4, 2023.
If we offer you the e-certificate option, you
- will receive an invitation by email
- may accept or decline the invitation
- If you accept the invitation, follow the email’s instructions for your next steps.
- If you decline the invitation, you’ll get a paper certificate (opens in a new tab) (if we approve your application).
You’ll only receive an e-certificate if
- you accept the invitation
- you’re eligible to resume your Canadian citizenship (opens in a new tab)
- we approve your application
- you take the Oath of Citizenship
- If you’re not required to take the Oath (opens in a new tab) , your e-certificate will be available soon after we approve your application.
- you provide us with the signed Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form
- We’ll give you the form in the ceremony invitation or at the ceremony.
We cannot guarantee that we’ll approve your application or process it faster.
If your application is successful, the certificate proves that you’re a Canadian citizen.
Important: If your application is incomplete or missing information, it will be returned to you.
This application package includes:
- Application to Resume Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces [CIT 0534] (PDF, 2.06MB)
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB)
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0533]
Ensure you use the current version of the forms. Older versions will not be accepted.
This application is for:
- A person who was previously a Canadian citizen, other than a person whose citizenship was revoked under the former or current Act, and who wishes to resume citizenship as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces.
If you had Canadian citizenship and it was revoked under the Canadian Citizenship Act or under the current Act you must use the Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1) Adults or the Application for Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces (CIT 0534).
Note: If you were released other than honourably from the Canadian Armed Forces, you are not eligible to apply under the Canadian Armed Forces application form.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. The fee is not refundable. Check the Fee Schedule for Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: