How to Get a Police Certificate – Slovenia
Name of the document you need
Certificate of the Penal Register (Potrdilo iz kazenske evidence)
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
How to apply
If you live in Slovenia:
There are four ways you can apply:
- In person at the office of the Ministry of Justice (see Special notes and considerations for complete address)
- Send your application by mail to the Ministry of Justice (see Special notes and considerations for complete address)
- Send your application by fax to the Ministry of Justice at +386/1/ 369 5625.
- If you have an authorized electronic signature, you can apply online on the website of the Electronic Public Services (available in Slovenian only).
If you live outside of Slovenia:
If you are officially registered as living abroad, you should apply by email to email@example.com. Please remember to attach all required forms.
- You will need to provide an application form
- You will need to provide a written explanation indicating the purpose of your request (i.e. for immigration purposes)
- An English or French translation of your police certificate is required.
Ministry of Justice (Ministrstvo za pravosodje)
For more information on processing times, visit the website of the Ministry of Justice of Slovenia (available in Slovenian only).
To download the application forms and to apply online, visit the website of the Electronic Public Services (available in Slovenian only).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: