Citizenship Week - May 18 to 24, 2020
Citizenship Week postponed
Due to COVID-19, we postponed Citizenship Week until further notice, to keep everyone safe. Please check this page for updates.
Over the last 10 years, Canada has welcomed nearly 1.76 million new Canadians. Every year, we take a week to reflect on and celebrate the rights and responsibilities shared by all Canadians citizens.
Citizenship Week is also a great opportunity to welcome new Canadians! There are many ways you can celebrate.
- Use the hashtag #MyCitizenship to share your citizenship story and Canadian pride on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Attend a citizenship ceremony in your area
- Write to your closest local IRCC office and find out how to
- Reaffirm your citizenship by participating in or organizing a reaffirmation ceremony
- Get involved in your community, organization or school
- Find out what Canada’s newest citizens think about being Canadian
- Watch our citizenship videos
- Proudly fly the Canadian flag
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: