Documents to submit if you are being posted abroad

This section contains information for representatives of the Government of Canada, and people travelling on Government of Canada-related business.

If you are being posted abroad, instead of providing a Travel Authority and Advance form, you must submit other documents with the application as described below.

Department of National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces clients must submit:

Clients from all other departments must submit:

  • For a diplomatic passport, submit a copy of the Global Affairs Canada Posting Confirmation Form (PCF) that was issued to you.
  • For a special passport, provide a letter signed by your department clearly stating:
    • the purpose of the trip,
    • the cities and countries that you will be visiting, and
    • the dates of travel.

Your spouse and your dependants may be eligible for an official passport. Contact Official Travel for more information.

Find out if your dependants are eligible for an official passport.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: