Documents to submit if you are being posted abroad
This section contains information for representatives of the Government of Canada, and people travelling on Government of Canada-related business.
If you are being posted abroad, instead of providing a Travel Authority and Advance form, you must submit other documents with the application as described below.
Department of National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces clients must submit:
- The posting message (pre-screen message is not acceptable);
- For diplomatic passports, submit a completed Department of National Defence Posting confirmation [PPTC, 458] (PDF, 50.41KB)
Clients from all other departments must submit:
- For a diplomatic passport, submit a copy of the Global Affairs Canada Posting Confirmation Form (PCF) that was issued to you.
- For a special passport, provide a letter signed by your department clearly stating:
- the purpose of the trip,
- the cities and countries that you will be visiting, and
- the dates of travel.
Your spouse and your dependants may be eligible for an official passport. Contact Official Travel for more information.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: