Contact the Passport Program
We’re experiencing high call volumes. You may experience long wait times. If your request is not urgent, or you have general questions
- find out which passport and travel document services are available, including how you can apply
- check our Help Centre
If you need to contact us
- email us
- check your application status using our web form
- book an in-person appointment (in Canada only)
Avoid non-essential travel outside Canada until further notice. If you can’t avoid it, follow our official travel advice and advisories to protect yourself and your family while outside Canada.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19
- we’ve reduced passport services outside Canada and the US and travel document services
- we extended the eligibility period for Canadian passport renewals
- You may have extra time to renew your passport.
- there are travel restrictions
Contact us about your passport
Email the Passport Program
Check the status of your application
You can check your application status if you submitted it more than 20 business days ago.
If you just applied, wait at least 20 business days before contacting us.
We’re getting a high volume of status requests. It may take us longer than 3 days to get back to you.
If you’ve already requested the status of your application, do not submit another one. It may cause more delays.
Visit us in person, in Canada
Use our service location map to find out where the closest passport office or Service Canada Centre is to you and what its hours of operation are.
Walk-in services are not guaranteed. They may not be available at busy locations.
Call us from Canada and the U.S.
Toll free: 1-800-567-6868
TTY services: 1-866-255-7655
Call the passport program at 819-997-8338 (Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET)
If you’re outside Canada and the U.S.
- Contact the nearest Government of Canada office abroad
- Find out how to get help in case of emergency when you are travelling in a foreign country.
Contact us by mail
Gatineau, QC K1A 0G3
Contact us by courier
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, QC J8T 8R1
Track the shipment status of items you sent to the Passport Program by registered mail or courier:
Contact us about your refugee travel document or certificate of identity
Given the impacts of COVID-19, we’re currently unable to provide processing times. Find out how COVID-19 is affecting IRCC services.
Contact the IRCC Client Support Centre:
- IRCC Web form
- Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
- Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
- If you are hearing impaired, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576-8502.
For media inquiries about passport program policies, please contact us at 613-952-1650 or IRCC.COMMMediaRelations-RelationsmediasCOMM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
For media inquiries about passport services, please contact Service Canada at 819-994-5559 or consult Service Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: