Safekeeping of a special or diplomatic passport

My passport is in safekeeping at Official Travel. How do I retrieve it for an upcoming trip?

If the passport is still valid, and will be valid for the length of your trip, send a copy of the approved Travel Authority and Advance, posting confirmation, or a letter signed by the applicant's department to Official travel by email.

If your passport is no longer valid, or won’t be valid for the entire duration of your trip, you need to apply for a new official passport.

How do I return my official passport after my travel?

Return your official passport to Official Travel either in person, by courier, by messenger or by mail.

How does a department or agency enter into a memorandum of understanding with the Passport Program for the safekeeping of official passports?

To enter into a memorandum of understanding for the safekeeping of official passports, send an email to Official Travel to begin the process.

Don't see your answer here?

Look in another section of our frequently asked questions.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Privacy statement

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: