Passport services at all Service Canada offices are suspended until further notice
If you need to travel urgently, you can get passport services if you
- have a serious illness
- must tend to the serious illness or death of someone you know
- will have financial problems from the loss of a job or business
- If you’ve made plans to travel that are at risk, this doesn’t count as a reason for urgent passport services.
- must travel for humanitarian reasons
- This must be supported by the organization you work with.
You must wait to submit your passport application if
- you don’t meet the criteria for urgent travel
- you’re experiencing symptoms such as coughing, difficulty breathing or a fever
- you’re in self-isolation
To get urgent passport services, fill out the e-form or call the Service Canada Passport Call Centre at 1-800-567-6868.
If you’re abroad and need urgent passport services, contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.
Renew your passport – adults
To renew your passport, you must be a Canadian citizen and your previous passport must have been issued to you when you were 16 years of age or over.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: