Get urgent, express, weekend and statutory holiday emergency passport service in Canada
Urgent and express service in Canada
We offer urgent and express passport services at certain locations in Canada. To find out if you can use these services, you must apply in person.
You must provide proof of travel for urgent service. You may also need to provide it for express service.
Proof of travel can be:
- an airline, bus or train ticket
- a written declaration, if travelling by car
- a travel itinerary showing travel proof of payment
- proof of illness or death in the family requiring immediate travel
Depending on the reason for your travel, you may need to show further proof that your situation is urgent.
We won’t be liable for any losses if we can’t deliver the passport in time for travel to you or your child. We recommend that you don’t finalize any travel plans until you get your passport.
Service fees and processing times
For urgent or express service, you will need to pay an additional service fee along with the regular passport fee. These include:
- urgent pick-up
- fee: CAN$110
- processing time: by the end of the next business day
- express pick-up
- fee: CAN$50
- processing time: within 2-9 business days
A passport officer will tell you the date of your pick-up.
Emergency help in Canada on a weekend and statutory holiday
If you need your passport over the weekend or on a statutory holiday, call 1-800-567-6868.
This service is only for emergencies and only if you have to travel over that weekend or statutory holiday.
If you meet the requirements, you must make sure all of your required documents are ready, including your:
- completed application form
- passport photos
- valid proof of travel showing you’re travelling before the end of the next business day
A passport we issue over the weekend or on statutory holidays will cost $335 in addition to the regular passport service fee.
For example, if you’re asking for a 10-year passport, the fee will be $160 plus $335, totaling $495. We will add any other service fees, such as the service fee for replacing a lost or stolen passport, to this total.
If you submit additional applications for members of your family we will:
- charge you the:
- passport fee
- service fee for urgent service
- not charge you another service fee for weekend and statutory holiday service
These are service fees only. They don’t guarantee that we will issue a passport if we identify security concerns while we process the application.
Are you outside Canada?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: