Outside-of-Canada families of Canadian victims of air disasters: How to apply
How to apply
This permanent residence application is for families of Canadian victims of the Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 air disasters. Before you start, check if you’re eligible.
Deadline to apply
We’ll accept applications under this public policy until August 2, 2023.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Read the instruction guide
- Get your checklist and forms
- Complete your forms and gather documents
- Pay your application fees
- Submit your application
Read the instruction guide
The instruction guide will help you complete the application correctly. It includes information about
- how to complete your forms
You can ask for this guide in another format.
Get your checklist and forms
Use the document checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
- Document Checklist [IMM 0170] (PDF, XX MB)
- Use your checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
- Place the checklist on top, as a cover to your application package.
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB), if applicable
- Statutory Declaration [IMM 0171] (PDF, XX MB), if applicable
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39 KB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB), if applicable
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB), if applicable
- Authority to Release [IMM 5475] (PDF, 1.935 MB), if applicable
Complete your forms and gather your documents
Use the instruction guide to fill out your application forms.
Follow the Document Checklist [IMM 0170] (PDF, XX MB) to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Pay your application fees
You have to pay your fees online. After you pay, print the receipt and include it with your application.
Submit your application
You must submit your application on paper. There is no online option.
Before you submit your application
- review the instruction guide to make sure your application is complete
- If you forget something, we’ll send your application back to you without processing it.
- answer all the questions on your forms
- sign your application and each of your forms
- include your fee payment receipt
- include all the supporting documents in the order they’re listed in the checklist
- place the checklist on top of your complete application package, as a cover to your application package
To submit your application
Put your application package into an envelope.
Don’t use staples, binders, plastic sleeves, folders or albums to submit your application. You can use elastic bands or paper clips to attach photos.
Label the envelope:
“Victims of air disasters – VAD”
Mail your complete application to
IRCC – Humanitarian Migration Vancouver
Victims of air disasters – VAD
300-800 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC V6Z 0B6
We won’t accept your application at any other office.
Track your package
You can use a courier service that requires a signature when your package is delivered. This will
- give you a delivery confirmation
- let you to track your package in transit
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: