In-Canada families of Canadian victims of recent air disasters: About the public policy

About the public policy

We’ve put a temporary public policy in place to help in-Canada families of Canadian victims of recent air disasters.

The policy lets some of these relatives apply for permanent residence. The air disasters include

About the process

If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for permanent residence. Once we get your application, we’ll

If we confirm you’re eligible,

Extend your status as a worker, student or visitor

You must apply to extend an expiring work permit, study permit or visitor status separately.

If you’re applying to renew your study or work permit or your visitor status at the same time as your application for permanent residence, don’t include the applications in the same envelope.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: