Extend your stay in Canada: About the process


From: $100

Processing time ?


48 days


109 days

About the process

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor (stay in Canada longer), you need to apply before your current status expires.

If we approve your application to extend your stay in Canada, we’ll give you a visitor record.

A visitor record:

  • is a document that says how long you can stay in Canada
  • includes an expiry date
    • that’s the date that you must leave Canada by

A visitor record does not guarantee entry to Canada. If you plan to travel outside Canada or the United States, you need a valid entry document to return to Canada. Find out what you need to travel to Canada.


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: