Who can apply

National Occupational Classification 2021

On November 16, 2022, we switched to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Use the NOC 2016 page if you applied for a job offer on or before November 15, 2022.

To be eligible for the Atlantic Immigration Program, you must

If you meet all of these requirements, you can start looking for a job with a designated Atlantic employer.

Work experience

In the last 5 years, you must have worked at least 1,560 hours. This is the number of hours you would have worked in 1 year if you were working 30 hours per week.

To calculate your hours

This work should be at one of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) categories

Your work experience must include

International graduates

You do not need to meet the work experience requirements if you’re an international graduate who

Educational requirements

You must have one of these:

However, if you studied outside Canada, you need an educational credential assessment (ECA) to confirm that your studies are equal to or higher than the required level of education for your job offer.

The educational credential must have been obtained within 24 months prior to the date you applied for permanent residence.

Language requirements

You must meet the minimum language requirements based on the NOC 2021 TEER category that applies to your job offer. This can either be the

The minimum language requirements for each NOC 2021 TEER category are

You must submit your results from a designated language testing organization with your application. These results must be less than 2 years old when you apply.

Find out more about language testing.

Settlement funds

You need to have enough money to support yourself and your family when you get to Canada. The amount you need depends on the size of your family. The size of your family also includes anyone you support who isn’t immigrating with you.

Learn how much money you should have when you arrive in Canada.

If you’re already living and working in Canada with a valid work permit, you don’t need to show proof of funds.

Page details

Date modified: