Immigrate through the Atlantic Immigration Program: Apply for permanent residence
Changes coming to this application process
Starting September 2022, we’re making it mandatory to apply online for certain permanent immigration programs. Each program will change to mandatory online applications on a different date.
If you can’t apply online, and require accommodations, including for a disability, you can ask for the application in another format (paper, braille or large print). We’ll provide more information on this option soon.
You can now apply online
We’re testing a new online immigration application. You can use it to apply(opens in a new tab).
Step 1: Get ready to apply
Refer to the Instruction Guide [IMM 0154] for important information about your eligibility, fees and how to apply.
Step 2: Get your checklist and forms
- Document Checklist [IMM 0155] (PDF, 367 KB)
- Use this checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
- Place the checklist on top, as a cover to your application package.
Forms for the employer to fill out
- Offer of Employment to a Foreign National under the Atlantic Immigration Program [IMM 0157] (PDF, 318 KB)
Note: The employer must fill out the form and give it to you to submit with your application. You must read and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Forms for you (the principal applicant) to fill out
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 677 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008 DEP] (PDF, 434 KB), if applicable
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Economic Classes – Atlantic Immigration Program [IMM 5501] (PDF, 237 KB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB)
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.75 MB)
- Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 1.75 MB), if applicable
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 2.23 MB), if applicable
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 1.48 MB), if applicable
Step 3: Complete your forms
Use the instruction guide to fill out your forms.
- Complete the forms on your computer instead of by hand. It’s easier and reduces mistakes that can cause delays.
IMM 0008 is a barcode form. Make sure you validate it and submit all the pages.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form. Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- One or more pages with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Use white, high-quality and non-glossy paper.
- Use a laser printer if you can.
- Place the IMM 0008 form, including the barcode page(s), on the top of your application package.
Step 4: Pay your fees online
Find out how to pay your fees.
Step 5: Submit your application
Mail your complete application to the address in the instruction guide.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: