Sponsor your spouse, partner or child: about the process

About the process

If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada.

If you do, you must be able to:

  • support them financially
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government


Sponsor a spouse, partner from $1,080, or a child from $150

These fees increased on April 30, 2022. Find out more.

Processing time ?

Check application processing times

The persons you sponsor may need to give biometrics after they apply. This processing time includes the time they need to give their biometrics.


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: