Temporary public policy to further facilitate access to permanent resident status for out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area: Who can apply

Who can apply

You can apply for permanent residence under this public policy if you meet all of these requirements. You must

Note: You and your family members cannot apply for permanent residence under this public policy if

When you entered Canada

When you first came to Canada, you need to have entered legally as a temporary resident.

Living in Canada

You must be living in Canada now and have been living in Canada continuously for 5 years or more.

To prove that you’ve been living in Canada, you can use copies of a lease or rental agreement. If you don’t have a lease or rental agreement, you may use a combination of other documents such as

Work experience

When you apply you must

Type of work experience

Your current and past work experience must be in the construction industry in the GTA in 1 of the occupations listed under

You must have done the work outlined in the NOC job description of your occupation as well as most of the main duties.

Find the NOC code and title for your job.

How much work experience

In the past 5 years, you need to have worked a minimum of 4,680 hours.

Your work experience can be from

How to prove your work experience

To prove your past work experience, you can use

Check the document checklist IMM 0123 (PDF, 943 KB) to make sure you have all the documents you need to apply.

Family in Canada

When you apply, you must have family living in Canada. This can be either

To prove your relationship with your family in Canada, you can use copies of a

Referral from the CLC

The CLC is responsible for checking if you meet the requirements. To be eligible, you must be referred to us by the CLC. If the CLC finds that you may be eligible, they print a referral letter and send it to us along with your application. Ask the CLC for a copy of the referral letter to keep for your own records.

Be admissible to Canada

You and your dependants must not be inadmissible to Canada for reasons other than overstaying your temporary resident status and working without a valid work permit.

An immigration officer will determine if you’re inadmissible. The CLC isn’t responsible for determining your admissibility.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: