Apply for the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (visitor visa and work permit)

Follow these steps to apply for a visitor visa and work permit if you’re

Applying from inside Canada

If you’re already in Canada, do not use the IRCC portal to apply. Instead, use the IRCC secure account to apply for a work permit, study permit or extension of your visitor record from inside Canada.

Go to the IRCC secure account.

Authorized paid representatives

Do not use this application process if you’re an authorized paid representative (APR). Use the APR Portal to submit an application for your client.

1. Get an invitation code

If it’s your first time using the IRCC Portal, you need an invitation code to create an account. We’ll ask for your email address and give you a code to sign up.

2. Create an account

Use the invitation code we send you to create your portal account.

3. Complete the online form

After you log in

If you want to work in Canada

When you apply for the visitor visa under the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) measures, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit at the same time. This work permit lets you work for most employers in Canada.

If you want to apply for a work permit, when asked if you want to work in Canada, choose Yes.

Find out more about the open work permit.

Need an IRCC Portal account?

Sign up and apply

Already have an IRCC Portal account? Sign in

After you apply, we may email you to ask if you would like to complete a survey. The survey will help us better understand your plans in Canada so we can work to improve our programs and services. Find out more about the survey.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: