Apply to extend your stay
In Canada applicants
- You are temporarily exempt from giving biometrics for your extension application until 2019. This is when biometrics collection points will be established in Canada.
Save time and get case updates online!
- No courier fees or mail delivery time – we get your application instantly.
- Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If we need to ask for more documents, you can quickly submit them online.
- Get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Ready to get started?
Apply on paper
Read the Instruction Guide [IMM 5551] to get all the details to apply on paper.
Top questions about visiting Canada
- How long can I stay in Canada as a visitor?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- What is the difference between a single and a multiple entry visa?
- Why was I issued a single entry visa instead of a multiple entry visa?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I have U.S. residency (Green Card). Do I need a visa to visit Canada or can I use my Green Card?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: