Give someone access to your application
Follow these steps if you want to allow us to give your personal information to someone who will not act as your representative.
- Fill out the form Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (PDF, 593.57KB)
- If you haven’t submitted your application: include the form in your application package and send it to the address listed in your application instruction guide
- If you have already submitted your application: send us the form electronically through this Web form
The person you name on this form will be able to get information on your file, such as the status of your application, but can’t act as your representative.
As long as this person:
- doesn’t advise you on which program to apply for
- doesn’t complete or update your application as you or
- doesn’t act as you when dealing with us
they’re not considered a representative.
To use a representative, see Add, change or cancel a representative to learn about the form you need to submit.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: