Immigrate through the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot: How the pilot works
The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP) helps skilled refugees and other displaced people immigrate to Canada.
We made some updates to make it easier to apply to immigrate to Canada through the EMPP.
There are now 2 ways you can apply for the EMPP:
- through one of 3 selected economic programs
- directly to us for just the EMPP
This is referred to as the federal EMPP. It includes a Job Offer and No Job Offer stream. You need to meet the work experience, education and language requirements.
Through the EMPP, we’ll
- waive application and biometric fees for you and your dependants
- review and process your application in 6 months or less (in most cases)
- cover the cost of medical exams through the Interim Federal Health Program
- let you access the Immigration Loans Program (ILP), if we approve your application, to help with
- travel costs
- some pre-arrival travel services from the International Organization for Migration
- the right of permanent residence fee
- let you access the EMPP-specific Canadian Orientation Abroad Programme to help you settle in Canada
If you choose to apply for an economic immigration program through the regional EMPP, we’ll also
- make it easier for you to be eligible and apply for the program
- let you use a loan to meet financial requirements to support yourself and your family in Canada (your settlement funds)
- Date modified: