Change your post-secondary school in your account
You need to let us know any time you change your post-secondary school. To do this, you’ll need:
- an online account
- If you applied for your study permit on paper, you need to create an account and then link your application.
- your study permit number
- It begins with the letter “S” and is at the top right of the permit.
- For security reasons, we may ask you to provide a few details from your application, so have it handy.
- your new school’s designated learning institution (DLI) number
- You can find it on the list of designated learning institutions.
- your new Student Identification Number (Student ID)
- You can find it on the acceptance letter your new school sent to you.
- your start date at your new school.
You don’t need a representative to change your DLI, even if you used one to apply for your study permit. You can do this yourself if you have your study permit application details.
Change your school
Follow these steps to change your school:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click Transfer from DLI number under the section Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer.
- Enter your study permit application number and click Search for my application.
- Enter more details about your original study permit application, if required. This information will help us identify your application.
- Enter your new DLI number, your new Student ID number, and your start date at your new school. Click Submit transfer.
- Review the details of your transfer. If all the information is correct, click Confirm Transfer
- Read the confirmation that your request is complete. This confirms that you’ve notified us that you’ve changed post-secondary schools. Click Go to main account page to return to your account. You can now sign out.
- Date modified: