You need to extend your study permit or change your status
If your study permit is going to expire soon, you have 3 options:
- You may be able to extend your study permit, if you want to continue studying.
- You have 90 days after you complete your studies to extend your study permit.
- You should apply to extend it at least 30 days before it expires. You may want to extend it earlier than this, if you know you’ll continue studying in Canada.
- If you completed your study program, you may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP).
- You can apply to change your status to visitor, if you’re not studying or applying for a PGWP.
You must submit an application for one of these options before your study permit expires, or you may need to leave Canada.
If you’re studying in Québec
You must also apply for a new Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).
Please take a few moments to rate your experience with the Find out if you need a study permit tool.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: