You need to extend your study permit or change your status

If your study permit is going to expire soon, you have 3 options:

  1. You may be able to extend your study permit, if you want to continue studying.
    • You have 90 days after you complete your studies to extend your study permit.
    • You should apply to extend it at least 30 days before it expires. You may want to extend it earlier than this, if you know you’ll continue studying in Canada.
  2. If you completed your study program, you may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP).
  3. You can apply to change your status to visitor, if you’re not studying or applying for a PGWP.

You must submit an application for one of these options before your study permit expires, or you may need to leave Canada.

If you’re studying in Québec

You must also apply for a new Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).

How to extend your study permit

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Page details

Date modified: