Get a study permit

Find out if you need a study permit as an international student, what you need so you can apply, and how to apply. Learn what to do after you submit your application and before you arrive in Canada.

Services and information

What you need to study in Canada

Who can apply for a study permit and who can study in Canada without a permit

Get a study permit through the Student Direct Stream

How to get faster processing if you live in China, India, Vietnam or the Philippines

Find out what to do after you apply

Processing times, changing your address and what happens when your application is approved or refused

Prepare for your arrival

Documents to have when you arrive in Canada, study permit terms and conditions, leaving and re-entering Canada, and health insurance


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: