Extend or change the conditions on your work permit: After you apply

COVID-19: workers changing jobs or employers

You don’t need to wait until your new employer-specific work permit arrives to start a new job or work for a new employer. Follow these steps to start working after you apply for a work permit.

After you apply

Processing time ?

Online: Error loading the number of days. Try again.

If we approve your application, you’ll get:

  • an extension on your current work permit, or
  • a work permit with new conditions on it, such as:
    • the type of work you can do
    • the employer you can work for
    • where you can work

If your processing time has passed, you can contact us by using this Web form. For the “type of application/enquiry,” select one of the temporary residence options (online or on paper).

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: