You need a work permit

If you’re working on a film or television production, you need a work permit to work in Canada.

You may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit without the need for a labour market impact assessment if you meet all of the following:

You also need to meet the general eligibility requirements for a work permit.

Before you apply

Your employer must complete all of these steps:

Type of work permit

When you complete your work permit application, select “Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment” as the type of work permit in the Details of intended work in Canada section.

Faster processing

If your job is classified under Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) category 0 or 1 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system, you’re eligible for 2-week application processing.

COVID-19: Priority processing for film and television workers

Find out if you’re eligible for priority processing.

How to apply for a work permit

Page details

Date modified: