Forward Regulatory Plan
The Public Health Agency of Canada is deferring the delivery of its annual update to its Forward Regulatory Plan. At this time, The Public Health Agency of Canada is projecting that its Forward Regulatory Plan update will not be posted before September 2020 in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The department will reassess the timing for posting its 2020-2022 Forward Regulatory Plan as the Government of Canada’s response to the pandemic evolves.
The Public Health Agency of Canada’s priority is the health and safety of all Canadians. Current departmental efforts are focused on delivering critical services to support the Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, delays are being experienced for many of the department’s regulatory initiatives.
Stakeholders seeking information on the current situation with Coronavirus are urged to visit the Government of Canada’s web page.
Public Health Agency of Canada’s Forward Regulatory Plan for 2019 to 2021:
- is a publicly available list, with descriptions, of planned or anticipated regulatory changes (regulatory initiatives) that the Public Health Agency of Canada intends to propose or finalize within a 2-year period
- may include regulatory initiatives that are planned to come forward over a longer time frame and that are indicated as long-term
- includes any regulatory initiatives that are associated with the Public Health Agency of Canada’s multi-year plan to review its existing regulations (stock review plan).
Forward Regulatory Plans are intended to help Canadians, including businesses, Indigenous peoples and trading partners, plan for:
- opportunities to provide their feedback during regulatory development
- future regulatory changes
The Forward Regulatory Plan briefly describes each regulatory initiative and includes information such as:
- who may be affected by a regulatory initiative
- regulatory cooperation efforts undertaken or planned
- opportunities for public consultation
- links to related information or analysis
- Public Health Agency of Canada’s contact information
The Forward Regulatory Plan will be updated over time to reflect, for example:
- progress in regulatory development
- changes to the Public Health Agency of Canada’s regulatory priorities or its operating environment
Forward Regulatory Plan: 2019-2021
No regulatory initiatives are planned at the Public Health Agency of Canada for the 2019-2021 period.
Consult the Public Health Agency of Canada’s List of Acts and Regulations administered by the Public Health Agency of Canada and to find further information on the Public Health Agency of Canada’s implementation of government-wide regulatory initiatives.
Consult the following for links to the Cabinet Directive on Regulation and supporting policies and guidance, and for information on government-wide regulatory initiatives implemented by departments across the Government of Canada:
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: