Antibiotic resistance and animals
Learn about antimicrobial resistance related to food-producing animals and companion animals (pets). Also learn about the actions we are taking to address this problem.
Services and information
How we are taking action to address antimicrobial resistance related to the use of antimicrobials in animals.
How we are regulating VHPs for the general health and welfare of companion and food-producing animals.
How we are controlling personal importation of certain drugs for food-producing animals.
How we are collecting veterinary antimicrobial sales information to support our surveillance program.
How we are taking action to promote the responsible use of antimicrobials in animals.
About the issue of antimicrobial resistance related to veterinary drugs and previous actions.
Find information on regulatory List A, List B and List C.
We are increasing the oversight on the quality of active pharmaceutical ingredients for veterinary use in Canada.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Working together to promote the responsible use of antimicrobials in animals - infographic
- Renforcement du cadre réglementaire du Canada pour les antimicrobiens à usage vétérinaire
- Canadian Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance System Report 2016
- Categorization of Antimicrobial Drugs Based on Importance in Human Medicine
- Federal Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance and Use in Canada: Building on the Federal Framework for Action
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Use in Canada: A Federal Framework for Action
- The Canadian Integrated Program for Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance (CIPARS)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Antimicrobial Resistance Initiatives
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: