Annual influenza reports
2020-2021 influenza season
- During the 2020–2021 Canadian influenza season, no community circulation of influenza occurred.
- Only 69 positive detections of influenza were reported, and influenza percent positivity did not exceed 0.1%.
- Influenza indicators were at historical lows compared with the previous six seasons, with no laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks or severe outcomes being reported by any of the provinces and territories.
- Globally, influenza circulation was at historically low levels in both the Northern and the Southern Hemispheres.
- The decreased influenza activity seen in Canada and globally is concurrent with the implementation of non-pharmaceutical public health measures to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: