References: What Mothers Say: The Maternity Experiences Survey
Executive Summary - References
- Chalmers B, Dzakpasu S, Heaman M, Kaczorowski J; for the Maternity Experiences Study Group of the Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System, Public Health Agency of Canada. The Canadian Maternity Experiences Survey: an overview of findings. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008;30(3):217–28.
- Dzakpasu S, Kaczorowski J, Chalmers B, Heaman M, Duggan J, Neusy E; for the Maternity Experiences Study Group of the Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System, Public Health Agency of Canada. The Canadian Maternity Experiences Survey: design and methods. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008;30(3):207–16.
- Beck LF, Johnson CH, Morrow B, Lipscomb L, Gaffield ME, Gilbert BC, et al. Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) 1999 surveillance report. Atlanta (GA): Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2003.
- Declercq ER, Sakala C, Corry MP, Applebaum S, Risher P. Listening to mothers: report of the first national U.S. survey of women’s childbearing experiences. New York: Maternity Center Association; 2002.
- Green JM, Coupland VA, Kitzinger JV. Great expectations: a prospective study of women’s expectations and experiences of childbirth. 2nd ed. Hale (Cheshire): Books for Midwives Press; 1998.
- Green JM, Baston HA, Easton SC, McCormick F. Greater expectations: the inter-relationship between women’s expectations and experiences of decision making, continuity, choice and control in labour, and psychological outcomes. Summary report. Leeds (UK): Mother & Infant Research Unit, University of Leeds; 2003.
- Garcia J, Redshaw M, Fitzsimons B, Keene J. First class delivery: a national survey of women’s views of maternity care. London: Audit Commission; 1998.
- Redshaw M, Rowe R, Hockley C, Brocklehurst P. Recorded delivery: a national survey of women’s experience of maternity care 2006 [Internet]. Oxford: National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford; 2007 [cited 2008 Jun 3]. Available from: http://www.npeu.ox.ac.uk/downloads/maternitysurveys/maternity-survey-report.pdf .
- Scottish Programme for Clinical Effectiveness in Reproductive Health (SPCERH). Maternity care matters: an audit of maternity services in Scotland 1998. Aberdeen: Douglas Baird Centre for Research on Women’s Health; 1999.
- Brown S, Lumley J. Satisfaction with care in labor and birth: a survey of 790 Australian women. Birth. 1994;21(1):4–13.
- Brown S, Lumley J. Survey of recent mothers: women’s views and experiences of maternity care. Melbourne: Centre for the Study of Mothers’ and Children’s Health; 1997.
- Waldenström U, Hildingsson I, Rubertsson C, Radestad I. A negative birth experience: prevalence and risk factors in a national sample. Birth. 2004;31(1):17–27.
- Chalmers B, Muggah H, Samarskaya M, Tkatchenko E. Women’s experiences of birth in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, following a maternal and child health intervention program. Birth. 1998;25(2):107–16.
- Chalmers B, Samarskaya M, Tkatchenko E, Muggah H. What women say about antenatal care in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 1999;20(1):1–10.
- Chalmers B, Samarskaya M, Tkatchenko E, Muggah H. What women say about post-partum care and breastfeeding in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. J SOGC. 1999;21:127–37.
- Helsing E, Chalmers B, Dinekina T, Kondakova N. Breastfeeding, baby friendliness and birth in transition in North Western Russia: a study of women’s perceptions of the care they receive when giving birth in six maternity homes in the cities of Arkhangelsk and Murmansk in 1999. Acta Pediatr. 2002;91(5):578–83.
- Jeckaite D, Chalmers B, Ivonaitis A, Klumbiena J. What women and their partners say about obstetric care. Presented to the Seventh Conference of the Lithuanian Association of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Klaipeda (Lithuania); 2004.
- Chalmers B, Qulieva D. A report of women’s birth experiences in Baku, Azerbaijan. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2004;25(1):3–14.
- Hanvey L, Levitt C, Kaczorowski J, Chalmers B, Heaman M, Bartholomew S; for the Maternity Experiences Study Group of the Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System, Public Health Agency of Canada and the Canadian Institute of Child Health. Canadian Hospital Maternity Policies and Practices Survey 2007. Ottawa: Public Health Agency of Canada. In press 2009.
- Public Health Agency of Canada. Canadian Perinatal Health Report, 2008 Edition. Ottawa, 2008.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: