Rapid testing in the workplace: Information for employees
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Why participate in workplace screening
Your employer has implemented regular workplace screening to help protect you and others from COVID-19.
Combined with existing public health measures, regular screening through rapid testing can help:
- identify positive cases early, including those with no symptoms
- prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace and community
- keep businesses open
How rapid tests work
- use a nasal swab
- safe and easy to use
- results within 15 minutes
What to expect after testing
If you test negative
- continue to follow all local public health measures
- continue to get tested regularly
If you test positive
- seek a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test to conﬁrm the diagnosis
- continue to follow all local public health measures as well as isolation and quarantine advice
You should still take part in your workplace screening initiative if this is advised by your local public health unit. While vaccines are highly effective, there is still a small chance that even if you are fully vaccinated you can become infected and spread COVID-19 to others.
Help limit the spread of COVID-19 by participating in workplace screening.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: