Stop the spread of the flu and COVID-19
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Date published: 2021-10-25
Employing multiple public health measures at once helps protect you and your community from the flu and COVID-19.
- Get vaccinated against both the flu and COVID-19.
- Stay home and away from others if you feel sick.
- Improve ventilation in indoor and shared spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren't available.
- Wash your hands before touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or into the bend of your arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
Decide whether to add other public health measures, like wearing a mask or physical distancing in public, based on:
- levels of flu and COVID-19 in your community
- vaccination coverage in your community
- your personal risk and comfort levels
It's not always easy to tell the difference between flu symptoms and COVID-19 symptoms. If you have symptoms, stay away from others and follow the advice of your health care provider or local public health unit.
To learn more visit Canada.ca/flu and Canada.ca/coronavirus
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: