What is violence and abuse?
Information on the forms and rates of family violence and abuse in Canada and the health, social and economic impacts.
Services and information
Learn about types, rates, impacts and prevention of family violence in Canada.
Understand how to recognize violence between family members or people in intimate partner relationships.
Get information on forms of violence, including physical, sexual, emotional and financial abuse. Also know what actions can lead to criminal charges in Canada.
Find rates and statistics related to different forms of family violence in Canada.
Discover the economic impacts of violence in Canada, including health and social costs.
Examine the short-term and long-term health and social problems caused by family violence in Canada.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Heritage
- Correctional Service of Canada
- Department of Justice Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Health Canada
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Status of Women Canada
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
Data and Statistics
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: