Learn about violence and abuse
Learn about violence and abuse, its different types and the organizations that deal with its prevention. Also find awareness resources to help you recognize and address it.
Services and information
What is violence and abuse?
Information on the forms and rates of family violence and abuse in Canada and the health, social and economic impacts.
Types of violence and abuse
Information on different types of family violence and abuse.
Education and awareness tools on violence and abuse
Publications, tool kits and websites on dealing with violence and abuse for professionals and the public.
Organizations dealing with violence and abuse
Information on Canadian and international organizations that deal with family violence and abuse. Also access federal, provincial and territorial programs and services.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Heritage
- Correctional Service of Canada
- Department of Justice Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Health Canada
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Status of Women Canada
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
Data and Statistics
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: