LHHR 15-10: Administrative and clerical public service–wide pools are an effective and efficient solution for your staffing needs!
The Public Service Commission is pleased to inform you that various administrative and clerical pools are now available. These public service–wide pools (PSWPs) were created in partnership with the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer and federal organizations across the country. PSWPs are an efficient, effective, and modern government-wide approach that enables managers and human resources professionals to get the right resources in the right place at the right time.
Why should managers use these pools?
- With the exception of the Test of Oral Proficiency for second language evaluation, no further assessment is required for the fully assessed pools.
- High-quality candidates are identified based on standardized testing.
- Flexibility is offered when selecting the right fit (e.g. use of asset qualifications, various candidate referral options such as top-down selection and specific candidate referral).
- Pools can be used for indeterminate, term, or casual hiring.
- There is no cost for candidate referrals.
- Pools contribute to reducing the duplication of effort across the public service.
|Pool||Region||Type of pool||Availability||For more information|
|AS-01 Bilingual||NCR||Fully assessed*||Available now||AS-01|
|CR-04 Bilingual||NCR||Fully assessed*||Available now||CR-04|
|CR-04 Bilingual||Quebec Region||Fully assessed*||Available now||CR-04|
|CR-04/05 Bilingual / English Essential||Atlantic Region||Partially assessed||August 2015||CR-04/05|
|CR-04 Bilingual / English Essential||Ontario, Prairies, BC, Northern Regions||Fully assessed*||September 2015||CR-04 Toronto
* With the exception of the Test of Oral Proficiency for second language evaluation
Staffing and Assessment Services Branch
Public Service Commission
Assistant Deputy Minister
Governance Planning & Policy Centre
OCHRO, Treasury Board Secretariat
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: