Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity
What it is
A program offering Indigenous full-time students work experience in the federal public service.
Why do it
- Kick-start a career that feeds your passion through diverse and exciting job opportunities
- Explore meaningful work in areas and on issues that matter to you
- Work in an office, outdoors or in a lab!
- Benefit from support, training and mentoring from the moment you are hired
- Be part of a respectful and inclusive work environment
- Contribute fresh ideas and approaches to Canada’s current and future challenges
- Gain skills and experience you need to work in the federal public service
How it works
We offer a wide variety of jobs across Canada. Opportunities include field work, research, administration, IT, finance, trades, policy, communications and many more!
Who we are looking for
We are looking for Indigenous students* with various educational backgrounds and career interests:
Who are registered full-time in a recognized institution (high school, CEGEP, college and university)
Who are returning to full-time studies in the next academic year
Who meet the minimum age requirement in the province of work
* ‘Indigenous peoples' is a collective name for the original peoples of North America and their descendants. Often, ‘Aboriginal peoples' is also used. The Canadian Constitution recognizes three groups of Aboriginal peoples: Indians (more commonly referred to as First Nations), Inuit and Métis. These are three distinct peoples with unique histories, languages, cultural practices and spiritual beliefs.
- Create a GC jobs account, if you don’t already have one.
- Log in to your account
- Visit our job poster page, and hit the apply button!
For more information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: