Monitoring Corrective Action
The Public Service Commission (PSC) monitors all ordered corrective action.
To ensure that the corrective action is respected, the PSC contacts the organizations and the persons affected to provide detailed information on the implementation of corrective action and to ensure that all measures were implemented within the prescribed period of time.
- Ensure that the manager is well equipped to implement the corrective action
- Request clarification from the PSC when necessary
- Notify the PSC when corrective action is implemented and provides evidence of implementation
- Make sure to implement and respect the corrective action issued, for example:
- persons affected who need to complete mandatory training inform the organization upon completion of the training
- persons affected subject to the notification requirement communicate in writing to the PSC when they are about to accept an employment offer within a Public Service Employment Act organization
- Communicate with the PSC when necessary
- If a person affected is on long-term leave before or while certain corrective action are in effect, the duration of the corrective actions could be revised to take the leave into account
- The PSC will address any situations in which corrective action cannot be implemented on a case-by-case basis
- Date modified: