The Candidate Achievement Record
This service is not available at this time.
What is it?
- A tool which assesses key leadership competencies through self-reported examples of past performance and work-related achievements.
- A template that candidates use to describe situations in which they have demonstrated behaviours associated with various competencies.
How does the CAR work?
- We provide candidates with a template that includes the definition of each competency being assessed as well as the behavioural indicators underlying each competency.
- We ask candidates to fill out the questionnaire by describing in a structured manner past achievements which best illustrate how they have demonstrated specific competencies in the context of their work.
- Candidates must provide the name of a person who can validate each achievement described.
How is the CAR scored?
- Two assessors who possess vast experience as executives within the public service individually score the CAR.
- They integrate the results during a session led by a PPC psychologist.
- We validate at least one competency per CAR by contacting the referees.
- We provide a report explaining each candidate's results.
Factors we consider when scoring the CAR
- Does the example reflect all of the behavioural indicators underlying the competency?
- What is the breadth and depth of the demonstration of each behavioural indicator?
- Does the example describe behaviours that reflect the general level of competence required at the level being assessed (e.g. EX-1 level)?
What are the advantages of using the CAR in a selection process?
- An impartial, fair and reliable evaluation done by experts from the Personnel Psychology Centre.
- The possibility of creating a personalized tool by selecting the competencies and behavioural indicators to be assessed based on client needs.
- Depending on the number of CAR to be scored, a period of approximately two weeks is required to get the results (i.e. time for individual scoring by contractual assessors and integration session) and to receive the report.
For more information:
Please contact the Personnel Psychology Centre 819-420-8671 or by email.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: