Public Service Entrance Exam 373 – Candidate information
- If you have a disability and you require testing accommodation, be sure to notify those in charge of the test administration well in advance of the testing date so that they can take the necessary steps to determine the appropriate accommodation;
Read more about accommodation
- Bring one piece of signature identification with photo and your Personal Record Identifier if you are a public servant. This number will be recorded on your answer sheet;
- For this test, you are allowed to use a calculator:
- If you take the test by computer, a virtual on-screen calculator is provided.
- If you take the paper version, then a handheld calculator is provided.
- You are also allowed to use your own calculator as long as it is not part of a cellphone, Personal Digital Assistant or other electronic device that may have Internet access or the ability to record or transmit testing material (for example, a scientific calculator). Refer to the Calculator Recognition Guide to determine whether a particular calculator is acceptable.
- Arrive in plenty of time before the test. You will NOT be allowed into the room once the test has begun;
- Manage your time well. In general, it is a good idea to solve easy questions first and difficult questions later. Questions are presented in random order rather than in order of difficulty. If you are stuck on a difficult question, mark that question for review and return to it once you have completed the other test questions;
- Answer all questions. If you are not sure of the correct answer, guess. There is no penalty for wrong answers;
- Read the whole question;
- Eliminate answers that you know are wrong. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chance of selecting correct answers;
- Can you study for the test? Review the sample questions on the Sample Questions page for this test;
- Privacy Statement
“The information pertaining to your results on this particular test will be disclosed to the requesting department or organization for staffing related matters. The personal information you provide in Part 2 of the Answer Sheet is voluntary and will be used by the Public Service Commission only, for statistical purposes and to do analysis and research in the areas of test development. All information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act and is protected under the Privacy Act. For more information, see Info Source (Personal Information Bank numbers PSC-PPU-025/030/035).”;
- Cheating on a supervised test
Suspected cheating may result in the invalidation of test results and may be the subject of an investigation under the Public Service Employment Act. A finding of fraud may be punishable on summary conviction or the case may be referred to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Contact the Personnel Psychology Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you have seen PSC test questions posted or shared on-line (e.g., on a Web site or a private chat room) or shared in another manner (e.g., a practice test).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: