Written Communication Proficiency Test (WCPT-351) – Candidate Information
- If you have a disability that could impede your test performance, be sure to notify those in charge of the test administration well in advance of being tested.
- Bring one piece of signature identification bearing your photo as well as your Personal Record Identifier (PRI) if you are a public servant. This number will be recorded on your answer sheet.
- Arrive in plenty of time before the test. You will NOT be allowed into the room once the test has begun.
- Budget your time, work efficiently, and use all of the time available. If you finish the test early, go back and review your answers.
- Read the whole question before selecting an answer. Eliminate answer choices that you know are incorrect. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chance of selecting the correct answer.
- Guess if you are not sure of the correct answer. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
- Studying for the test? Review the questions in the “Sample Passages and Questions” provided below. You can also improve your writing ability in a number of ways. These include reading extensively, writing documents and having your work checked by others for errors, editing documents, and reviewing guides on writing and grammar.
- Privacy Statement
“The information pertaining to your results on this particular test will be disclosed to the requesting department or organization for staffing related matters. The personal information you provide in Part 2 of the Answer Sheet is voluntary and will be used by the Public Service Commission only, for statistical purposes and to do analysis and research in the areas of test development. All information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act and is protected under the Privacy Act. For more information, see Info Source (Personal Information Bank numbers PSC-PPU-025/030/035)”.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: