T3010 charity return – Filing information
Digital services available as of June 1, 2019
You and your representatives can complete and file Form T3010, Registered Charity Information Return online.
Public policy dialogue and development activities
In December 2018, the rules governing the political activities of registered charities changed as a result of new legislation that permits charities to carry on unlimited public policy dialogue and development activities (PPDDAs) in furtherance of a stated charitable purpose. Under the new rules, the reporting requirements related to a charity’s spending on political activities are no longer relevant.
To reflect this change, Form T3010, Registered Charity Information Return, will be revised for November 2019. Until then, go to Changes to T3010 and T2050 reporting requirements and follow the instructions for completing your return.
Two ways to file your charity return
You can complete your return online using the new digital services for charities available on My Business Account (MyBA):
- If it is your first time accessing your charity’s account using MyBA, follow the instructions under the tab “Registered charity, RCAAA, RNASO” to log into MyBA.
- Once logged into MyBA, under your RR account, select the link “File a return”.
- You can now start completing your online return. For more information, see Advantages of filing using digital services.
If you have difficulty accessing the digital services, or have questions regarding the online return you can contact the Charities Directorate.
Any director registered with MyBA, or an authorized representative registered with Represent a Client, can complete your charity return entirely online.
Complete by hand or use the PDF fillable/saveable version of the following forms:
- Form T3010, Registered Charity Information Return
- Form T1235, Directors/Trustees and Like Officials Worksheet
- Form T1236, Qualified Donees Worksheet / Amounts Provided to Other Organizations (if applicable)
- Form T2081, Excess Corporate Holdings Worksheet for Private Foundations (if applicable)
Mail the completed forms and your financial statements to:
Canada Revenue Agency
105 – 275 Pope Road
Summerside PE C1N 6E8
When your return is mailed, the postmarked date indicated on the envelope is used as the received date.
If you mail your return to an address other than the Charities Directorate (such as a tax services office), processing will be delayed.
- The form is broken down into sections that you complete at your leisure.
- You will only be asked for additional information on certain items depending on whether you say yes or no to previous questions, or check certain items on a list.
- Progress bars and status indicate which sections you’ve completed, started, or haven’t started yet.
- Start and stop the return at any time. Clicking “next” saves the information up to that point.
- Multiple individuals can work on it.
- Review and change a section at any time.
- You can print the return for your records once it’s been submitted.
- No more postmarks. The date you click submit is the date we officially receive it.
Guides and help
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: