My Account – What’s new
Email notification updates
- My Account users can receive an optional email notification when their reply to a T1 Initial assessment is received by the CRA.
- Users of the CRA sign-in services will receive an email notification:
- letting them know they have successfully enrolled in Multi-factor authentication with either the telephone option, passcode grid option, or authenticator application option
- when they have been permanently or temporarily locked out of their account.
First Home Savings Account (FHSA)
Once an individual’s income tax and benefit return is assessed, they will be able to access the following information about their FHSA in My Account:
- their FHSA participation room and FHSA carry forward amount to help them determine how much they can contribute or transfer to their FHSA in 2024
- their unused FHSA contributions if they made contributions in 2023 that they did not deduct on their income tax and benefit return.
If an individual opened an FHSA in 2023, they will need to complete Schedule 15, FHSA Contributions, Transfers and Activities, and file it with their income tax and benefit return.
Once their financial institution provides the information about their FHSA transactions to the CRA, they will be able to access the following information:
- their T4FHSA slips to help them file their 2023 income tax and benefit return
- a transaction summary which will provide a list of all transactions they made into and out of their FHSA in 2023.
- Date modified: