Filing Information Returns Electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns) - Overview
Internet filing is available January 9, 2023.
Our Internet filing applications are convenient, free and secure. Choose one of the following options that we have available:
Internet file transfer allows you to use payroll, commercial, or in-house developed software, to submit an xml file of up to 150 MB over the Internet.
Web Forms allows you to complete an information return easily, following step-by-step instructions.
Some benefits to using Web Forms are:
- You can file up to 100 slips (original, amended, or cancelled) from our website
- Create an electronic information return containing slips and a summary, which can be saved and imported at a later date in Web Forms
- Note: Previously saved .wbf files cannot be imported into Web Forms.
- Summary totals are calculated for you
- Allows you to print your slips and your summary
- The application validates data in real time
Note: We do not accept returns filed on magnetic tapes, CDs, DVDs, USB keys or diskettes.
Other methods of electronic filing:
- My Business Account is a secure, password protected portal, that allows you to file information returns electronically through Internet file transfer and Web forms.
- Represent a Client is a secure service to access tax information and file information returns electronically on behalf of individuals and businesses, including your employer.
Guides and Help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: