Filing Information Returns Electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns) – How to amend

  1. Overview
  2. What you should know before
  3. How to file
  4. How to amend

4. How to amend

After you file your information return, you may notice that you made an error when preparing the slips. To correct these errors you will have to file amended or cancelled slips.

You can file amended or cancelled slips electronically using the Internet file transfer or Web Forms applications.

Amending or cancelling slips using the Internet file transfer application

When you are filing amended slips

When you are filing cancelled slips

Start Internet file transfer (XML)

Amending returns using the Web Forms application

Start a new Amendment

Importing a submission that was previously filed using Web Forms

If you have saved a return that was filed using Web Forms you can import it to create your amendment.

When you are filing amended slips

When you are filing cancelled slips

Start Web Forms

Cancelling an entire return you have filed using the Internet File Transfer or Web Forms applications

To cancel an entire return, mail or fax your request to your Tax Centre, to the attention of Employer Services.

To find your Tax Centre, see Tax services offices and tax centers - Addresses, office hours, and fax numbers.

Filing Additional slips

If you need to send additional slips after you have filed your information return. You must send a new original return.

Guides and help

Related services and information

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: