Claim amounts on your tax return - Required tax instalments for individuals
Claim amounts on your tax return
You must claim your total 2020 tax instalment payments on line 47600 of your 2020 tax return. The amounts can be found on either:
- Instalment reminder (form INNS1) received in February and in August
- Instalment payment summary (form INNS2) received in February
If any of your instalment payments for 2020 are not shown on either your reminder or summary, you must also include these amounts on line 47600. You can also view your instalment reminder and any payments you made using CRA My Account.
Incorrect amounts on your payment summary
If your instalment payment summary shows incorrect amounts or amounts that were not intended as instalment payments, call1-800-959-8281.
If you are using certified tax software, the Auto-fill my return service will automatically fill in any instalment payments you made for 2020 based on the information the CRA has on file.
For Quebec residents
If you moved out of Quebec and have made tax instalment payments to Revenu Québec for 2021, follow these steps:
- Contact Revenu Québec to notify them about your address change and ask for a refund of those amounts
- Send your refunded amount to the CRA, along with the letter from Revenu Québec stating the dates those payments were made
- This amount will be applied to your new province or territory where you now live
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: