How to pay
On this page
Choose a payment method
You can pay your tax instalments online, in person, or by mail. There are several payment options with different processing times for each.
Pay your instalments using an online payment option.
- In person or by mail:
Use your instalment remittance voucher to pay in person or by mail
You will need your instalment remittance voucher (form INNS3) to ensure your payment is applied to the correct account.
Your remittance voucher is included in your instalment reminder package the CRA mails to you, unless you pay instalments by pre-authorized debit.
Choose your payment method:
Get a remittance voucher:
- log in to CRA My Account or Represent a client
- download a fillable remittance voucher
- call our automated TIPS line at 1-800-267-6999
If your payment is not honoured, the CRA will charge a fee.
Confirm your instalment payment is received
When you make a tax instalment payment, the CRA will not send you a receipt right away.
Keep proof of your instalment payment until you either:
- confirm the payment has been applied in CRA My Account
- receive your instalment payment summary (form INNS2) in February
Confirm your payment in CRA My Account
Before checking if your payment has been processed, allow:
- 3 business days for online payments
- 10 business days for payments by cheque or money order
Then log in to CRA My Account to view your payment details under "Accounts and payments".
Resolve an issue with a payment
Call us if your payment was not applied to an account as expected:
- Canadian residents: 1-800-959-8281
- Canada or U.S.: 1-800-959-8281
- Outside Canada or U.S.: 1-613-940-8495
To verify your identity, you will need to provide additional information, such as details from an assessed tax return.
If you overpaid
If you paid more than you should have for a tax instalment payment, you can ask for a refund by:
- sending a letter to your tax centre
- calling 1-800-959-8281
The CRA will review the matter on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: