British Columbia – Provincial corporation tax
The introduction of a new credit, the British Columbia clean buildings tax credit, has been announced. See what's new for British Columbia corporations.
The lower rate of British Columbia income tax is 2%.
The income eligible for the lower rate is determined using the British Columbia business limit of $500,000.
The higher rate of British Columbia income tax is 12%. This rate applies to all income not eligible for the lower rate.
For more information, see Dual tax rates.
Reporting the tax
You can use Schedule 427, British Columbia Corporation Tax Calculation, to help you calculate your British Columbia tax before the application of credits. You do not have to file it with your return.
For more information, see the schedule, and sections 14, 14.1, and 16 of the British Columbia Income Tax Act.
On line 240 of Schedule 5, Tax Calculation Supplementary – Corporations, enter the amount of tax calculated.
Claiming the credits
British Columbia offers different tax credits. Details of each credit can be found in the following pages and their associated schedules:
- Book publishing tax credit
- Credit union tax reduction
- Farmers' food donation tax credit
- Film and television tax credit
- Foreign tax credits
- Interactive digital media tax credit
- Logging tax credit
- Mining exploration tax credit
- Production services tax credit
- Qualifying environmental trust tax credit
- Shipbuilding and ship repair industry tax credit
- Small business venture capital tax credit
- SR&ED tax credit
- Training tax credit
Forms and publications
- British Columbia (provincial site)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: