Advances by a third party

If an insurance company pays an employee an amount equivalent to their regular salary, the insurer will issue a T4A slip.

If the payments are later repaid by the workers' compensation board or by the employee to the insurance company, the insurance company will issue, for the year of the repayment, a receipt or a letter to the employee. This will let the employee claim a deduction for the repayment of this amount on their income tax and benefit return.

Page details

Date modified: