Line 41000 – Federal political contribution tax credit

Note: Line 40900 was line 409 and line 41000 was line 410 before tax year 2019.

You can claim a credit for the amount of contributions that you or your spouse or common-law partner made in the year to a registered federal political party, a registered association, or a candidate in a federal election.

If you received, or expect to receive, any advantage for making a contribution, the eligible amount you can claim is the amount of the fair market value of your contribution that is more than any advantage. An advantage generally includes the value of certain property, service, compensation, use, or any other benefit.

Completing your tax return

Claim on line 40900 of the return, your total federal political contributions for 2021.

Claim on line 41000 of the return, the credit you are entitled to. Use the chart for line 41000 of the Federal Worksheet to calculate that amount. However, if your total federal political contributions from line 40900 were $1,275 or more, enter $650 on line 41000 of the return.

Complete the tax and credit form for your province or territory of residence as the provincial and territorial credit is calculated separately.

Supporting documents

Filing electronically

Keep all your documents in case the CRA asks to see them later.

Filing a paper return

Attach your official receipts except for those with amounts shown in box 14 of your T5003 slip, in box 184 of your T5013 slip, or on financial statements showing an amount a partnership allocated to you.

Forms and publications

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: