Line 21400 - Child care expenses
Note: Line 21400 was line 214 before tax year 2019.
The following information will help you determine the child care expenses deduction you can claim.
- What are child care expenses?
Conditions to meet for child care expenses to be considered eligible.
- Who can claim child care expenses?
Find out who, between you and your spouse or common-law partner, if any, can claim child care expenses.
- For whom can you claim child care expenses?
Definition of an eligible child.
- What payments can you claim?
Information about child care services, receipts, and more.
- What payments you cannot claim?
Information about medical or hospital care, educational expenses, reimbursements, and more.
- Completing your tax return
Find out how to calculate your allowable child care expenses deduction.
Questions and answers about child care expenses
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: